The dog days of summerJuly 25, 2016
As a pet-friendly resort, we love seeing our four-legged visitors as much as their owners! But, if you need some activities to get Fido’s energy out, check out these pet-friendly activities near Elkins Resort on Priest Lake.
- Agility: With a wide range of collapsible agility equipment, it’s an easy way to keep your dog busy and your family or friends entertained. Quickly set up an agility course and run your dog through its paces on the grounds next to your cabin.
- Biking: If you’ve got a well-trained dog who loves to run alongside you, bring your bike and head out onto any one of the numerous single track trails with your dog. There are even some that go along the lake shore to keep your dog hydrated.
- Boating: Got a lake-faring dog coming on vacation with you? Take them out on the water when you rent one of our boats to explore the lake! We’ve got canoes, kayaks, pontoon and fishing boats available at the resort.
- Frisbee: Bring a Frisbee or tennis ball to throw out for your dog to catch. Kids meals come with a Frisbee.
- Hiking: Take your furry friend hiking on one of our nearby trails for a challenging outdoor adventure! There is a great trail from the Resort leading up to a beautiful view of Priest Lake. Or choose one of the many trails that lead to high alpine lakes, fire lookouts or mountain peaks.
- Picnicking: Picking huckleberries is a favorite summer activity at Elkins Resort and makes for the perfect activity before finding a spot for a picnic. Bring the pup along and pack some food or treats for them in the basket. Who knows, your pooch might like huckleberries too.
- Running: Take your four-legged friend on a run or walk around the property or on Lakeshore Trail. See our resort map for walks or trails to explore with your dog!
- Swimming: We know you’ll be setting up camp on the beach but don’t forget some water toys to throw into the lake that your pup can chase after. They’ll probably also have a blast just splashing around in the water.
- Yappy hour: Buy a bottle of wine from the resort and take it back to your cabin for a private happy hour with your pup. Though, they’d probably prefer bottled water and let you try the delicious wines yourself! You can also have a pizza delivered to your cabin for a truly delightful happy hour.
Ready for a family vacation with your dog that you won’t soon forget? Find the perfect Priest Lake cabin to begin your vacation planning!