Family fun at Elkins ResortMay 24, 2016
Already thinking of the kids being out of school and spending quality time together as a family? Check out our list of summer activities that are family-friendly and kid approved!
- Stand Up Paddle-Boarding (SUP): Enjoy a leisurely pace around the bay or cruise up the thoroughfare to see Upper Priest Lake with our SUPs, kayaks or canoes!
- Boating: Set sail on Priest Lake and enjoy some family time together on one of our pontoon or fishing boats! Put down the phones and soak up the beautiful views from the water.
- Fishing: Fishing is a popular activity for our guests as everyone’s a lucky fisherman on our 40 sq. miles of water. Mackinaw are generally the fish of the day as these trout are the predominant species. Please note that any angler over the age of 14 must have an Idaho fishing license.
- Wake-boarding or water skiing: For the adventurous and thrill-seeking family, wake-boarding, water skiing, and tubing are excellent choices! You can also rent stand-up surf boards if you want to try stand-up paddle boarding solo or tandem with a young one.
- Building sand castles: Build your dream castle as you sunbathe on the beach by Priest Lake! See who can build the tallest tower or construct the best moat on our lakeshore.
- Playing beach volleyball: Got a competitive streak in the family or just like to play sports together? Then you’ll love sunny afternoons at the beach playing volleyball!
- Hiking: Enjoy some quality time together as a family and with nature when you explore Idaho by hiking. Trek through our lush forests, stop and smell the flowers, and snap some great family photos with our lush forests as your backdrop.
- Biking: Pedal your way to a family adventure by riding the nearby mountain biking trails! A popular trail for families is Reeder Bay as it’s easier and provides a trail for a more casual ride. Though, adventurous families will definitely be able to find trails that have more inclines and tougher terrain for a harder ride.
- Golfing: Tee up for some family fun on the golf course! The 18-hole course is the perfect respite from the summer sun with plenty of shade from the overhead trees and the kids will love the chance to spot some wildlife on the perimeter of the course.
- Berry picking: On your hikes you may notice the variety of wild berries that are just waiting to be picked. Ask our front desk staff about what berries there are in the area and then pop a berry off the bush for a delightful and fresh snack as you explore the area.
- Having a picnic: You might also want to stock up on some berries or get lunch to go and have an old-fashioned family picnic on our grounds.
- Watching a movie: In July and August, families love the Sunday night movies on the lawn! Unwind with a film after a good dinner (and dessert!)
- Sing your heart out: On Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the summer, join us for karaoke and show us that your family is the next Trapp Family Singers.
Be sure to reserve your rentals in advance if you have your heart set on a particular activity!
We’ve also been making some improvements and adding new furnishings this year and some exciting upgrades we have for our summer guests include:
- The installation of a new, larger ice maker for resort guests and store patrons.
- Adding new lawn furniture and beach chairs.
- The installation of new fire pits on the beaches.
We hope you’ll visit soon to take advantage of our new additions and enjoy a fantastic stay in one of our cabins!