Elkins Resort on Priest Lake is tucked away in the panhandle of Northern Idaho. The geographic location brings very distinct seasons. Priest Lake is fortunate to have a true spring, summer, fall and winter.
- Summer brings temperatures into the 80’s and 90’s and the lake bustles with activity. With over 25 miles of water space, Priest Lake is large enough for everyone to enjoy. There are quiet bays tucked away that are perfect for dropping a fishing line, and wake-boarders can find glass-smooth waters while water-skiers and tubers can round about the wide lake. Elkins Resort offers rentals such as kayaks and paddle-boards to get you out on the water. If you already have a boat, ask our Front Desk about our boat slip rentals.
- If you’d rather stay on dry land, Elkins Resort has plenty of beach front for folks to enjoy the view, watch activities, and sun-bathe. Start a game of beach volleyball, build sand castles with the kids, or simply sit back and relax. Summer is the prime seasons to visit Priest Lake with plenty of outdoor activities and secluded places to enjoy the beauty of the area.
- Autumn is a favorite time of year at Priest Lake for many of our visitors. Tamaracks and mountain trees blaze bright gold, and temperatures are still pleasant to enjoy the outdoors. Kayak the quiet lake with a loved one or the whole family, hike or bike the many trails at Elkins, take in the beauty of the mountains and reflective water, and finish off an adventurous day with storytelling and S’mores over the fire.
- Winter brings plenty of snowfall for cross country skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling. Elkins Resort on Priest Lake is the perfect place to escape every day hustle and bustle whether you stay cozy in your cabin or venture into the outdoors for winter sport fun. Priest Lake is beautiful in the winter with glass-like water surrounded by breathtaking snow covered mountains. Build a snowman under the trees and breathe in the fresh mountain air.
- Elkins Resort offers fast access to many trails for snowshoeing or snowmobiling. You may even spot some wildlife on your outings. After fun in the snow you can stop in to our award-winning restaurant, take the family to our Log Cabin Pizza, or share drinks and laughs with friends in our lounge. Finish a long and fun-filled day at Elkins Resort with a cup of cocoa, Christmas music and holiday cheer in one of our cozy log cabins.
- Plan this season’s holiday office party or family Christmas gathering at Elkins Resort! Ring in the New Year curled up next to a loved one and share a bottle of wine next to a roaring fire.
- Spring at Priest Lake is a time of awakening with the rebirth of thousands of varieties of tree and plant life. The forest around Elkins Resort is loaded with many different types of mushrooms–some of which are picked for use in our resort restaurant. Also prevalent around Priest Lake are huckleberry bushes. Picking huckleberries is very popular in the spring and a great family activity. Spring is the prime time for fishermen to cast for the big one. Because Priest Lake is filled with a variety of fish species, fishermen are guaranteed a good time. And don’t forget about our 18-hole golf course!
Elkins Resort on Priest Lake is open all year. Each of the seasons brings something different to this wonderful vacation paradise. As one of the premier family vacation and business retreat destinations in Idaho, we offer cabin rentals in all seasons, lodging and travel accommodations with awe-inspiring views, and unique recreational opportunities.